Ted English, inaugural director & life member, & Deon Lay, current chair & life member.
Congratulations to everyone associated with the Esperance Organised Primary Producers Co-op Ltd (EOPP) on their 50th Anniversary.
Formed in 1971 by a group of farmers who had a vision to reduce the costs of farm merchandise to primary producers in Esperance, Ravensthorpe, the Lakes District and the Goldfields, the success of the Esperance Organised Purchasing Power lead to the group becoming the Esperance Organised Primary Producers Co-operative in 1997.
In addition to being a buying group and billing agent for around 450 members, the EOPP co-operative is also a strong supporter of it’s local community through programs that include:
- Facilitating a Meat Value Adding Group and a Grain Value Adding Group;
- Agricultural College Scholarship for years 11 & 12
- Repeat sponsorship of the Esperance Rural Leadership Course;
- Repeat sponsorship of the SEPWA Ladies Day;
- Financial support for Esperance Districts Agcare services;
- Sponsorship of a Rural Women’s Study Tour;
- Supported BlazeAid and the Cascade Scaddan Fire Review.
To learn more about EOPP go to their website at www.eoppcooperativeltd.com
EOPP Directors Gemma Walker; Leon Bowman; Charlotte Della Vedova; Glen Williams; Helen Ireland (EO); Peter Luberda & Deon Lay. (Absent: Melissa McKenzie)